Following the death of Her Majesty The Queen, The Highland Council is observing the period of national mourning which has now commenced and will last until the end of the day of the State Funeral.
The Council is following national protocols which are approved by both the UK and Scottish Governments.
There will be a proclamation in Inverness for the whole of Grampian, Highland and Islands and a series of local proclamations across the Highlands.
The Council’s website provides information on the location of Gardens of Remembrance and Books of Condolence across the Highlands.
As a mark of respect during the period of mourning the following scheduled meetings will be postponed in agreement with Committee Chairs:
- Sunday 11 September: Kirking of the Council
- Tuesday 13 September: North Planning Applications Committee
- Wednesday 14 September: City of Inverness and Area Committee
- Thursday 15 September: Education Committee
- Tuesday 20 September: South Planning Applications Committee
The timings of other meetings may also be affected, and revised dates will be published on the Council’s website at the earliest opportunity.