The Service Centre will close at 4pm on 23 December, re-opening on 28, 29 and 30 December (opening times 10am to 4pm)
It will be closed on 1, 2, and 3 January 2023 and open 8am to 5pm from 4 January 2023.
Service Points will close at 4pm on 23 December, operating their normal hours 28, 29, and 30 December.
They are closed 1, 2, and 3 January 2023 and open on 4 January 2023.
Opening hours differ depending on location.
Find the details for your local Service Point at this link on their website.
Inverness Registration Office will close at 4pm on 23 December.
Staff will be available by appointment only on 28, 29, and 30 December (10am to 4pm).
It will be closed 1, 2, and 3 January and will reopen for appointments from 9am on 4 January 2023.
Urgent death registration appointments will also be available on 28, 29 and 30 December at various offices across Highland, please contact your local Funeral Director who will advise.
Contact the Council anytime online to report a problem, ask for something or make a payment:
Recycling Centres and Bin Collections
• Sutherland and Skye area bin collections that are scheduled for Monday 2nd January will be collected on Saturday 31st December.
• In all other areas – there are no collections on Monday 2nd January, household bins that were scheduled to be collected on this day will be collected between the 3rd and 6th January. Please leave your bin out for collection on these dates.
• Please note Monday 26th December (Boxing Day) bin collections are operating as normal in all areas
All Household Waste Recycling Centres are closed on the 25 and 26 December and 1 and 2 January
For info on recycling centres visit www.highland.gov.uk/recyclingcentres
For 2023 bin calendars visit www.highland.gov.uk/bincalendars
Handy numbers in the event of an emergency
In an emergency dial 999 for the police, fire and ambulance service.
- For non-emergencies, you can contact the police on 101 and the fire service on 01382 835804.
Highland Council emergency out of hours phone numbers
- Health and social care – 0808 175 3646
- Roads, parks, flooding and street lighting – 01349 886690
- Housing, homelessness, and public buildings – 01349 886691
- Registration – 07818 588 203
Trunk road maintenance
BEAR Scotland (Northeast)- 0800 028 1414
Amey (Northeast) – 08000 830 084
- Gas Freephone – 0800 111 999
- NHS 24 – Call free on 111 if you are ill and it can’t wait until your regular NHS service reopens
- Police Scotland – 101 (for all services)
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service – 01382 835804 (24 hours)
- Scottish and Southern Electric Freephone – 0800 300 999
- Scottish Water – 0800 0778 778 (24 hours)
- SEPA Floodline – 0345 988 1188
- SEPA Pollution hotline – 0800 807060 (24 hours)
Remember the importance of reaching out for help if this is needed over the festive period.
If you or someone else is experiencing mental distress and you are worried about your own or someone else’s immediate safety:
- Call 999 or go straight to A+E immediately. If you are calling for someone else, try to establish the person’s, name, contact details and location
If the crisis is not life-threatening but you are concerned for your own or somebody else’s mental wellbeing:
- Advise them to call NHS 24 on 111 or speak to their GP. The route into formal mental health services is through a GP surgery. If someone discloses to you that they are already being supported for their own mental health, it’s useful to link them to where they are currently receiving support
Important Support Line Numbers and Links
• NHS 24 on 111
• Samaritans on 116 123
• Breathing Space on 0800 83 85 87 (6pm Friday – 6am Monday & 6pm – 2am on weekdays)
• Mikeysline, Text 07786 20 77 55
• Shout, Text 85258
• Clear Your Head website https://clearyourhead.scot/
- National Scottish Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline – 0800 027 1234
- LGBT Helpline Scotland 0300 123 2523
- CRUSE Bereavement Care Scotland – 0808 802 6161
- Childline – 0800 1111
Should you be concerned about a vulnerable adult, whether for care, welfare or mental health reasons, you can contact the following numbers:
- Adult Protection Concern helpline – 0800 902 0042 in office hours; and out of office hours or during holiday periods – 0808 175 3646