There are just two weeks to go and tickets for this year’s Inverness Highland Games are available now.
The Games, at Bught Park on Saturday, July 16, will feature the magnificent heavies, track and field athletics, pipes and drums and Highland Dancing.
High Life Highland runs the event supported by the Inverness Highland Games Committee on behalf of The Highland Council’s City of Inverness and Area, Events and Festivals Working Group, funded by the Inverness Common Good Fund.
Inverness Provost Glynis Campbell-Sinclair said:
“This year’s Games promises to be a fantastic fun day out for our residents and visitors, and we can’t wait to showcase the very best the Highlands has to offer.
“The Inverness Highland Games are an excellent community-based event, and most worthy of the support given by the Inverness Common Good Fund as endorsed by the City of Inverness Area Committee.”
Also joining in the fun will be the world’s strongest brothers – Tom and Luke Stoltman – making a guest appearance marking their first public outing since Tom was crowned World’s Strongest Man for the second year running.
Some of the record holders at the Inverness Highland Hames date back over 40 years – will 2022 be the year that changes?
- Men’s 4 x 100m relay: T. Leighton, N. Fraser, D. Chisholm, C. Bonnington in 45 seconds in 1984
- Men’s 100m: Alan Wells in 10.5 seconds in 1987
- Men’s 200m: Alan Wells in 22.2 seconds in 1987
- Women’s 200m: Jayne Lakeland in 25.9 seconds in 1981
- Women’s long jump: Shirley Dick with 5.40 metres in 1981
- Women’s 4 x 100m relay: Heather MacLeod, Jane Lakeland, Sandra MacDonald, Maureen MacLeod in 50.9 seconds in 1981
Available for the first time online, tickets can be purchased at www.invernesshighlandgames.com and highlife card holders can take advantage of a discounted rate for the event.
Tickets are priced:
- Adult (16+) general admission £10
- Concession (under 16, senior 65+ and accessibility tickets) general admission £5.
- HLH member adult (16+) discounted admission £7
- HLH member concession (under 16, senior 65+ and accessibility tickets) discounted admission £3
For more information and to buy tickets, visit www.invernesshighlandgames.com