Still time to take part in consultation
The Highland Council is reminding residents living in Thurso that they have until 12 May 2023 to comment on the proposed contents of the Common Good Fund Asset Register for the town.
The list of property proposed to be included in the Common Good Asset Register for Thurso is as follows:
- Sir John’s Square (formerly MacDonald Square)
- The Mall including The Mall shelter.
- The Glebe (part only) – including caravan park, Gillock Park and Victoria Walk shelter
- Sir George’s Park – including Sir George’s Park Pavilion & Sir George’s Park Old Pavilion
- Thurso Burgh Chambers and car park
- Amenity land at George Crescent
- Thurso Town Hall
- Thurso Golf Club
Full details including site descriptions are available here
The consultation has been running since February, so if anyone who has not yet taken party wishes to do so they should submit written responses either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Sara Murdoch, The Highland Council HQ, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness, IV3 5NX before the 12 May deadline.
Further information on the process required to establish and review the Common Good Asset Register can be found on the Council website