16.5 C
Inverness
Friday, May 20, 2022

Douglas Ross Warmly Welcomes £25 Million Planned Investment in Kinloss Barracks

Must read

Moray MP Douglas Ross has warmly welcomed confirmation from the UK Government of a £25 million investment at the Kinloss Barracks.

Douglas received the news during a session of Defence Questions in the House of Commons in which he asked UK Government Armed Forces Minister James Heappey about the future plans for the Barracks, as well as highlighting the importance of 39 Engineer Regiment to the Moray community.

Following Defence Questions, Douglas has been told that the £25 million will be invested over the next five years which will help fund 350 new or refurbished junior bed spaces at the barracks, as well as refurbishing Officer and Sergeants accommodation.

Douglas used his question to also welcome the Future Soldier programme announced by the UK Government in November last year as good news for Moray and welcomed the significant investment from the UK Government at RAF Lossiemouth as part of it. 

Moray MP Douglas Ross said:

“This is great news for the base and is another example of the commitment from the UK Government in Kinloss Barracks going forward. 

“Our Armed Forces are vitally important for communities across Moray and this multi-million-pound investment will help give a major upgrade to the accommodation at the barracks.

“This announcement comes soon after the UK Government’s Future Soldier Programme a few months ago which had already earmarked significant investment at RAF Lossiemouth and was hugely positive for Moray.

“I was pleased to also have the opportunity to highlight how integral 39 Engineer Regiment have become since they were relocated to Moray a decade ago.  

“The £25 million investment is a further show of strength in our Armed Forces from the UK Government and I will continue to work with Ministers to deliver for the Armed Forces and their families here in Moray.”

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article